Effects: Blue Meanie is considered among the most potent P. cubensis strains, with a high that is visual, physical, euphoric, energetic, and introspective. The trip usually begins anywhere from forty-five minutes to an hour after ingestion, though since the effects can go on intensifying for some time, users are advised not to take any more until at least three hours after the first dose. Trips can last four to five hours. Dosage: Sellers sometimes suggest dose sizes (for example, one gram, in the case of Blue Meanie), but really it’s not that simple. Is the user a newbie who wants a very light, introductory dose? An old hand who wants to get as high as possible? A microdoser? And is the mushroom dry or fresh (fresh includes a lot of water-weight, so the dose will be bigger)? Is the user big or little? A rough estimate[iii] for P. cubensis dosage can be calculated, but since both user sensitivity and mushroom potency vary, the result is only approximate.
Caution: regardless of strain mushroom effects will differ from person to person. Always start with a small dose and don’t rush into increasing your dosage.
- 0.1-0.35g – Microdose – background work, you may feel a slight boost in mood and some extra energy
- 0.5-1.5g – Light dose – recreational
- 2-3.5g – Moderate dose – recreational – closed eye visuals, very euphoric
- 4-5g – Strong dose – bordering on a spiritual dose, open and closed eye visuals usually
- 5g+ – Heroic or Spiritual dose – intense visuals and euphoria, high doses like this are where people usually experience an altered sense of self or ego death