The Thai Elephant Dung strain, also known as TED, Thai cubensis, or simply the “Elephant Strain”, is an exotic Psilocybe cubensis found emerging naturally from Thailand’s elephant excrements. Stories around the origins of Thai Elephant Dung mushroom Strain vary. On one hand it is suggested it could be Psilocybe Samuiensis, aka the Allen Strain, named in honour of the ethno-mycologist John Allen who found the specie growing in water buffalo dung on the island of Kho Samui back in 1991. Caution: regardless of strain mushroom effects will differ from person to person. Always start with a small dose and don’t rush into increasing your dosage.
- 0.1-0.35g – Microdose – background work, you may feel a slight boost in mood and some extra energy
- 0.5-1.5g – Light dose – recreational
- 2-3.5g – Moderate dose – recreational – closed eye visuals, very euphoric
- 4-5g – Strong dose – bordering on a spiritual dose, open and closed eye visuals usually
- 5g+ – Heroic or Spiritual dose – intense visuals and euphoria, high doses like this are where people usually experience an altered sense of self or ego death