Effects: Z-strain is one of the most potent P. cubensis strains available. Visuals are strong and long-lasting, a simultaneously euphoric and physical high. Dosage: So how much should you take? The answer is not simple. For one thing, not everybody wants the same kind of experience. Novice users might prefer a light dose, while some experienced users really want to get as high as possible. Some users are interested in using mushrooms medicinally and want to avoid getting high at all—they’ll want to microdose. It’s possible to calculate a rough estimate[ii] for P. cubensis use with the user’s bodyweight, the condition of the mushroom (fresh mushroom doses are much larger than dried because they include a lot of water weight) and what kind of experience the user wants. But since people vary in their sensitivity, and mushrooms vary in their potency (even within a strain, potency varies), such calculations can only be approximate. Z-strain is known for being one of the more potent P. cubensis strains, so ere on the small side for dosing. With that being said, if you want to try and find a dose that works for you, check out our general magic mushroom dosage guide. You can also try out our magic mushroom dosage calculator where you can choose between six dosage levels, including microdose and heroic dose. Caution: regardless of strain mushroom effects will differ from person to person. Always start with a small dose and don’t rush into increasing your dosage.
- 0.1-0.35g – Microdose – background work, you may feel a slight boost in mood and some extra energy
- 0.5-1.5g – Light dose – recreational
- 2-3.5g – Moderate dose – recreational – closed eye visuals, very euphoric
- 4-5g – Strong dose – bordering on a spiritual dose, open and closed eye visuals usually
- 5g+ – Heroic or Spiritual dose – intense visuals and euphoria, high doses like this are where people usually experience an altered sense of self or ego death